The 24th Annual Conference of The Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence (JSAI2010) @ Nagasaki, June 2010
- The 24th Annual Conference of The Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence (JSAI2010) will be held according to the schedule below. The conference program will include the followings: technical paper sessions, AI lectures, keynote speech, invited talks, near-future challenge sessions, organized sessions proposed by members of JSAI and industrial demonstrations. The committee of JSAI2010 widely invites the submission of papers for the annual conference.
- Date: 9th June, 2010 to 11th June, 2010
- Venue: Nagasaki Brick Hall, Nagasaki, Nagasaki
- Sponsored by The Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence
Important Dates: Submission and Registration
- Application Deadline: 2PM, 26th (Tuesday) January, 2010
Application Deadline extended to 2PM, 27th (Wednesday) January, 2010.
- Paper submission Deadline: 2PM 20th (Tuesday) April, 2010
- Registration (in preparation)
Format Guideline in JSAI papers
- Style files provided here may be updated. Please confirm that you use the latest version of style files before you submit your manuscript.
- This page contains format guidelines for English manuscripts for the 24th Annual Conference of JSAI. The conference proceedings will be distributed on a CD-ROM containing camera ready PDF files prepared by the authors. To ensure that all papers in the proceedings have a uniform appearance, please refer to the following instructions.
2. General Information
- File Format: The manuscript file should be a Adobe(R) PDF (Portable Document Format) file.
- File Size: The size of the manuscript file should be less than 3Mbytes.
- File Name: The extension of the file name should be ".pdf".
- Paper Length: The length of each paper is two (2) pages. Up to two additional pages are accepted.
- Title and author's name(s): The title of the paper and author's name(s) should be the same as those appeared in the application form.
3. Style File
- As a courtesy to authors, we provide template files for Microsoft Word and style files for LaTeX.
- For LaTeX [Ver.2009-02]
- Download: jsaiac_tex_en-2010-02.zip
- Release Date: 2009-12-10
- Encoding: DOS Text (Shift-JIS, CR+LF)
- LaTeX version: LaTeX 2.09, LaTeX 2e
- Files included: the style file "jsaiac.sty" (valid for both Japanese and English manuscripts), and guidelines in English
- Notes: If you use UNIX, please change character encoding and new line code.
- For Microsoft Word [Ver.2009-02]
- Download: jsaiac_word_en-2010-02.zip
- Release Date: 2009-12-10
- Tested versions: Word 2000 for Windows (English version and Japanese version)
- Files included: The template file "jsaiac_en.dot" for English manuscripts, and guidelines in English The English template "jsaiac_en.dot" is essentially the same as the Japanese template "jsaiac.dot". If you use Japanese-version Word, you can use the Japanese template for English manuscripts. Please see here.
- Notes: The format of submission is neither LaTeX nor Word. We only accept PDF files.
4. Specification of Format
- Please format your manuscript as follows, if you cannot use JSAI official style files. Note that if you use the official style files, your manuscript will be formatted according to the following specification automatically.
- Paper ID: The identification number of your paper, as notified in the acceptance letter, should be placed to the right of the title in 14-point Arial (or similar sans serif font).
- Header: Each page (including the first page) should have a header "The 24th Annual Conference of the Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence, 2010" in 10-point italic Times-Roman (or similar) font. A line should be placed under the header. The width of the header should be the same as the width of main text area.
- Page Number: (page number): Each page should have the page number as a footer. The style of the page number is "- # -" where # indicates the page number in Arabic numerals (e.g., "- 1 -", "- 2 -"). The page number should be started from 1 for each paper.
- Paper Size: A4 (Please do not use a 8-1/2 x 11 inch format)
- Page Margins: top and bottom margins: 25mm, left and right margins: 17mm.
- Main Text: The main body of the paper must be formatted in two columns in 10-point Times Roman (or similar serif font) with 12-point leading (line spacing).
- Title: The title should appear at the top of the first page, centered over both columns in 16-point. Author's names should appear below the title of the paper, centered in 12-point, along with affiliation(s). The abstract must be placed below the affiliation(s), centered over both columns (in slightly narrower width than the main text area) in the same style as the main text. The abstract should be no more than 150 words in length.
- Contact address: The contact address of the authors must be placed at the bottom of the first column. It may include the name of the contact, affiliation, address, phone number, facsimile number, and E-mail address.
- Headings: The first-level headings should appear proceeded by 1,2,3 ... in 11pt Arial (or similar sans serif) font. Second-level headings should appear proceeded by 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 ... in 10.5pt. Third-level headings should appear proceeded by (1), (2), (3) ... in 10pt.